We got this truck in a trade with the v8 already in it and it had an Old Man Emu lift on it, but otherwise, it was a stock FJ80 Land Cruiser. We did all the “overland” build to the truck in addition to getting the FZJ80 locked axles wired up and working.
A lot of work was done to the body and interior in this build as well as with things like suspension, steering and more. We took this truck to King of the Hammers one year and also on many fun camping and off-roading trips.
The best trip we had the truck on though was a three-week drive down to the tip of the Baja Peninsula, where we camped out of the back of the truck for the entire time.
- GM 5.7L v8 engine
- GM 4L60e automatic transmission
- FJ60 split transfer case
- FZJ80 E-Locking axles using a Low Range Off-Road kit to run them
- SLEE 4” lift kit with FOX remote reservoir shocks
- SLEE Shortbus front bumper
- CBI step sliders
- Trail Tailored rear bumper
- Warn 9.5XPs winch with Factor 55 Flatlink
- Ridged Industries 14” LED light bar
- National Luna second battery kit
- Engel 45L fridge
- Home made rear sleeping platform/storage cubby
- Odyssey 1600 and 1200 batteries